points - Details)
In this comprehensive guide, therapist and certified telemental health trainer Joni Gilbertson discusses the entire virtual treatment process, from intake to termination (and beyond).
Drawing from her own successful online practice, in addition to training thousands of professionals on telemental health, Gilbertson’s straightforward, conversation style allows clinicians to see themselves in her case examples and clinical decision making.
Designed with both the seasoned and newly minted therapist in mind, this guidebook provides a map to the essentials of a successful online practice, including:
- Platforms that are both HIPAA-compliant and user-friendly
- An ethical roadmap for navigating dilemmas common to virtual care
- Up-to-date information on virtual care best practices and laws
- Must-have risk management safeguards for your license, your practice, and your client
- Customizable, legally sound forms, including informed consent, release of information, emergency plans, and more