points - Details)
The fitness industry has become an unregulated misinformation machine. It is commonplace for well-built “gurus,” who lack any formal education, to be given a platform to promote a supplement, product, idea or TV show. Often the results they promise are physiologically impossible – costing you time and money, and ultimately robbing you of precious motivation.
However, there is great information out there. Getting and staying fit is a science that has been developing for decades. Research is progressing faster than ever, and there are credentialed professionals working hard to make this information available to you. Not just pretty bodies interested in your wallet, but professionals interested in your well-being. This book contains no gimmicks, fads, myths or misinformation. Instead, more than 600 references are used to bust dozens of myths, and provide dozens more practical suggestions for better results. The book is written in fun, easy-to-understand, plain English so everyone from the novice exerciser to the fitness professional can enjoy.
Some of the topics covered:
• Dieting Made Simple: You don’t have to cut carbohydrates (carbs), or fat, or eat weird combinations of food to lose weight.
• The Truth About Supplements: It’s time to stop wasting your money on the ones that don’t work.
• The Myth About Toning-up: You cannot tone, but you can choose exercise that will burn more calories and lead to a leaner, more defined physique.
• The Truth About 6-pack Abs: How do you get them, and are they worth the effort.
• Muscle Myths: How to get more out of your weight training routine by avoiding the pseudo-science.
• Tackling Cardio Confusion: What is the best cardio?
• Motivation is not ordained, it’s developed: Build a plan toward your goals with help from the latest research.
If you keep doing the same things, you will keep looking the same way. It’s time to make a change. With the information in this book, you can leave the gimmicks behind and create a personalized fitness program that works. No more misleading diet plans and products that promise unattainable results. You can be your own personal trainer and critically evaluate your options. Stop fighting your body and start working with your body.
As an educator for the largest health club chains on the East Coast, I have trained thousands of individuals just like you to not only get fit, but to become personal trainers themselves. I understand how to make the science and research of fitness easy to understand, easy to apply and relevant to you. I know what fitness trends work and which ones don’t.
This book is my attempt to a fill a void in fitness. It is a means of bridging the gap between the brightest minds in health and wellness and those pursuing a healthy lifestyle – an attempt to explain health science in simple English without the bias of sponsorship, product placement and profits. Ultimately, I want to help you avoid the nonsense and bring you closer to your goals. I appreciate your support in filling this gap, setting an example and hopefully raising the bar in this unregulated industry.